Terms and conditions of sale
OPERATING RULES including TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
(valid from August, 1st 2017)
CLAUSE 1 – Transport contract
Rhônexpress is the trade name of the service operated by CFTA Rhone SAS share capital of 37,000 euros which is headquartered in Meyzieu (69881), 190 rue Antoine Becquerel, registered with the Trade and Corporate Register of Lyon under the number 489 304 907.
Rhônexpress aims to transport users between Rhônexpress Lyon Airport Station and Lyon Part-Dieu or Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie stations. Meyzieu ZI station is only served for service and technical reasons.
Only Users with tickets paid and registered onboard have a contractual relationship with CFTA Rhône.
Any other User cannot invoke a contractual relationship with CFTA Rhône.
CLAUSE 2 – Publicity contract
These Operating Rules and Conditions of Use clarify the transport contract (below the contract).
It is edited for users; they could see it before the final contract.
The Operating Rules and Conditions of Use are available:
- On request on the call centre 0826 00 17 18 (0, 15 € / min) or + 334 79 75 92 79 from foreign countries
- From the steward aboard any trains
- On the website www.rhonexpress.fr.
Operating Rules and Conditions of Use are intended to define the operating conditions of the Rhônexpress service and the terms of ticket sale by CFTA Rhône to the User via the various distribution channels.
CFTA Rhône reserves the right to change the terms of the Agreement any time. The applicable provisions are those in effect at the date of purchase by the User.
The User must read these conditions before any purchase. By completing a purchase, the User acknowledges the Agreement and accepts the terms.
CLAUSE 3 – Enacting clause
The clauses of this Operating Rules can apply to all the wagons of the tramway and to the substitute vehicles subcontracted for the Rhônexpress network. They are also enforceable to all their infrastructures. The whole constitutes the Rhônexpress service. The wagons are the property of the concessionary society Rhônexpress and operated according to convention by the operating society, mentioned above as Operator. The substitute vehicles are subcontracted by carrier companies by the Operator and the responsibility of the service organisation lies with the latter. These substitute vehicles will be put in place after 0:00am and before 4:25am, and from 4h25am to 0:00am in order to maintain the public services (technical or security needs, case of force majeure… which not allowed the good running of the wagons).
The failure to adhere to the rules of this statement is considered as an offence which can be noticed by a charge sheet and punished by several enforceable legal texts, without damage of civil compensation and of the publication of the judgments which could be enacted by the justice.
The Operator declines any responsibility of offence to this statement, for the damages it can results and reserves the right to initiate proceedings against the offenders in the Court.
Beyond the rules outlined here below, the travellers have to respect the written or spoken orders, which can be taken by the several delegates of the Operator.
TITLE 1 : To the wagons, coaches, bus stops, platforms, and tramway stations
Users are kindly invited to have a courteous and civilian behaviour.
Offenders are exposed to the following clauses and are responsible of the physical and material consequences due to their behaviours.
Users have to provide for their own security on board, even the person they are responsible for.
It is forbidden to:
- Get on or off the wagon or of the substitute vehicles differently than following the official exits designated for this. The same is true when the tone ring out to announce the door closure.
- Get on or off of the wagon anywhere other than the stations and this until the complete stop of the wagon or of the substitute vehicle, unless the steward, the Operator or the security force make the request.
Not to have as climbing or alighting station “Saint-Exupéry Airport”, to have as climbing or alighting station Meyzieu ZI, and to use the Rhônexpress service to realise the following trips:
- Lyon Part-Dieu ↔ Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie
- Lyon Part-Dieu ↔Meyzieu Z.I.
- Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie ↔Meyzieu Z.I.
- Get in the wagon or substitute vehicle when the indication “full” is mentioned by the Operator’s staff.
- Bend over the windows of the vehicles.
- Be located in a no admittance area or for the Operator only and to be a place not bound to the travellers.
- Get around the tramway decks, to cross them, except approval of the Operator or in an authorized area, and more generally, to have a behaviour subject to provoke a disturbance in the operating of the service.
- Reach or leave the stations differently than by the appropriated ways.
- Take the public escalators, doors or passages not on the one way sign.
- Park in an inappropriate way in the railway sites, on the tramway rails, platforms or stations.
- Get on or off the wagons or of the substitute vehicles by rollerblade, scooter, roller skate or other similar engine, to play any game in the tramway railway sites, platforms or any other private site.
Children less than 12 years old revolved cannot use Rhônexpress service unless they travel with an adult able to supervise them.
In any event, the travellers have to comply with the Operator’s staff injunctions.
In case of failure to respect the rules stipulated in this clause, the Operator declines in advance any responsibility of accident or damage it can result.
- The wagons in service systematically stop in each station, except:
- Meyzieu Z.I.
- Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie toward Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport if the wagon is full.
- All the stops are optional for the services operated by the substitute vehicles. Consequently, travellers who want to get in the vehicles have to ask the stop to be seen by the conductor soon and visibly enough. The same, for the security of all the passengers, the stop in the station has to be asking soon enough to avoid dead stop.
The timetable is available on the website www.rhonexpress.fr and posted in each station. Schedule change may occur during the year, users have to check in.
TITLE 2 : Payment for tickets
Users have to buy a ticket:
- On the website rhonexpress.fr(including web services – Web App and mobile website) and exchange the E-Ticket on board for a final ticket. Rhônexpress website allows a secure payment by credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®)
- On the tickets vending machine posted on each platform of each station. These machines give a paper ticket for all the different combination of a single and contactless ticket for all the others combinations. They accept payment by credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®). Some of them accept also payment in cash (change and notes in Euro)
- On the train or on a substitute vehicle to the steward, if the user couldn’t buy this ticket before getting on. An additional charge of 4€ is applied by transaction regardless the number of tickets. Payment by credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Maestro®, Electron®) and in cash (€uros) is allowed.
All tickets delivered by tickets vending machine or aboard are final tickets.
The E-Ticket sold on the website www.rhonexpress.fr and on its web versions, whether presented in paper form issued by email or on a smartphone, subject to compliance of these Conditions of Sale.
The commercial website www.rhonexpress.fr , (and its mobile versions) is an e-commerce website accessible via the Internet, open to any user of the service. It is published by CFTA Rhône. The User who makes a purchase on this website claims to have full legal capacity. Therefore, it will be the legal guardian of a minor or a protected adult as defined in section 1124 of the Civil Code, fill out the registration form or expressly authorize the minor to complete the form.
Are offered for sale aboard trains, tickets vending machine in station and on the internet these following Rhônexpress tickets:
- Single ticket
- Return ticket
- 4-hour Return ticket
- 10-journey ticket
- Young (12 – 25 years) Single ticket
- Young (12 – 25 years) Return ticket
- Single ticket for airport platform staff
- 40-journey ticket for airport platform staff
- 7-day ticket for airport platform staff
- 31-day ticket for airport platform staff
- Return ticket bought at least 1 month before the first journey
- Return ticket bought at least 2 months before the first journey
- Young (12 – 25 years) Return ticket bought at least 1 month before the first journey
- Young (12 – 25 years) Return ticket bought at least 2 months before the first journey
Users have to be in a regular situation with their ticket. When users buy a ticket aboard in cash, they have to top up. The stewards make the change as soon is possible.
It’s free for children less than 12 years old accompanied by an adult. It is the same for anyone accompanying a person with a GIC-GIG card with a disability rate above 80%.
Aboard the train or replacement vehicle, users have to present their E-Ticket when it’s asked for by the steward for a validation.
The purchase is valid only after the ticket full payment.
These Conditions of Sale are a full part of the contract between CFTA Rhône and the user from the purchase.
CFTA Rhône commits itself to please the user demand as soon as there is enough sit available aboard, but any sit can’t be booked.
It’s forbidden to anyone to resell Rhônexpress tickets, except for Rhônexpress partners.
Tickets price is unique and independent of the distance aboard Rhônexpress.
ON THE WEBSITE
TO THE TICKET MACHINES
12-25 years old Single Ticket
12-25 years old Return Ticket
4-hour return ticket
Return ticket bought at least 1 month before the first journey
Return ticket bought at least 2 months before the first journey
Young (12-25 years) Return ticket bought at least 1 month before the first journey
Young (12-25 years) Return ticket bought at least 2 months before the first journey
For any purchase on board, an additional charge of 4€ is applied by transaction regardless the number of tickets (based on ticket machines fares).
It’s free for anyone accompanying a person with a GIC-GIG card with a disability rate above 80%.
Travel on Rhônexpress is free for children under 12 as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
No Rhônexpress tickets are issued to children.
To prove the child's age, Rhônexpress staff may ask to see an identity document when registering or inspecting tickets.
The steward and controllers can, in case of an issue with a user who’s got a ticket bought on a ticket vending machine or on the internet, refuse their validity and propose the user to buy a new ticket aboard. Only the customer service is qualified for a financial issue.
Tickets reserved to the airport staff are:
ON THE WEBSITE
For using theses tickets, it’s necessary to buy a valid Entitlement card reserved for airport employees, interns and students working at the Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport. It’s sold 3€ for a year.
On board, the presentation of the ticket or E-Ticket to the steward or to any other person authorized by the Operator constitutes a tacit requisition. Any traveller without a validated ticket will be in offence and exposed to legal sanctions.
Travellers have to present automatically their ticket at each control.
Each ticketless traveller is not in order with the rules (unless people concerned in the Clause 4). Each traveller who presents a not valid ticket or who does not comply with the rules is not in order.
Travellers are responsible of the good keeping of their ticket and they are bound to use it in accordance with the instructions.
It is forbidden for customers to:
- To use a ticket in irregular conditions.
- To use a modified or a tricked ticket to allow the fraud.
- To cede a ticket previously validated against payment or not, or for transportation.
- To use again a ticket acquired as it is mentioned in the previous line 3 for transportation.
Tickets conditions are as follows:
- Single ticket can be used for a one way journey on Rhônexpress. It must be used within 365 days from the date of purchase.
- Return ticket must be used within 365 days from the date of purchase and until the second validation by the steward during the second journey. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey.
- Young (12-25 years) Single ticket can be used for a one way journey on Rhônexpress. It must be used within 365 days from the date of purchase. It must be used by a person whose age is between 12 and 25 years.
- Young (12 – 25 years) Return ticket must be used within 365 days from the date of purchase and until the second validation by the steward during the second journey. It must be used by a person whose age is between 12 and 25 years. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey.
- The DUO Return Ticket can be used by 2 people travelling together, for an onward journey and an outward journey with Rhônexpress. It must be used within one year from the date of purchase and until the second validation by the steward during the outward journey. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey.
- The 4-hour Return Ticket must be used within 365 days from the date of purchase. The second journey must be used within 4 hours following the first validation by a Rhônexpress steward. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey.
- The 10-journey ticket can be used for 10 journeys with Rhônexpress. It must be used within 365 days from the date of purchase and until the 10th validation by the Rhônexpress steward.
- The Return ticket (bought at least 1 month before the first journey) must be used at least one month after the date of purchase and within 365 days from the first journey. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey.
- The Return ticket (bought at least 2 months before the first journey) must be used at least two months after the date of purchase and within 365 days from the first journey. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey.
- Young (12-25 years) Return ticket (bought at least 1 month before the first journey) must be used at least one month after the date of purchase and within 365 days from the first journey. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey. It must be used by a person whose age is between 12 and 25 years.
- Young (12-25 years) Return ticket (bought at least 2 months before the first journey) must be used at least two months after the date of purchase and within 365 days from the first journey. The second journey must be made at least 45 minutes after the onward journey. It must be used by a person whose age is between 12 and 25 years.
- The 40-journey Saint-Exupéry employee ticket gives the right to make 40 journeys with Rhônexpress. It must be used within 365 days from the first validation, and until the 40th validation by the steward. These tickets are for Saint-Exupéry Airport employees only. To use this ticket, the employee must to be in possession of a nominative beneficiary card delivered by the Operator or by an identified provider. Then, the 40-journey ticket is a personal and non-transferable ticket.
- The 31-day employee ticket gives the right to make an unlimited number of journeys with Rhônexpress during 31 days from the first validation by the steward. These tickets are for Saint-Exupéry Airport employees only. To use this ticket, the employee must to be in possession of a nominative beneficiary card delivered by the Operator or by an identified provider. Then, the 31-day employee ticket is a personal and non-transferable ticket.
- The 7-day employee ticket gives the right to make an unlimited number of journeys with Rhônexpress during 7 days from the first validation by the steward. These tickets are for Saint-Exupéry Airport employees only. To use this ticket, the employee must to be in possession of a nominative beneficiary card delivered by the Operator or by an identified provider. Then, the 7-day ticket is a personal and non-transferable ticket.
- The employee Single ticket (normal or special fare) can be used for one journey only. It is valid 45 minutes from the purchase. It is for Saint Exupery Airport employees only. Special Fares are reserved to precarious employees of some companies of the airport platform. The use of this ticket requires the employee to be in possession of a personal beneficiary card delivered by the Operator or by an identified provider. Then, this ticket is a personal and non-transferable ticket.
When bought online through the general public module, an E-ticket must be presented within 365 from the date of purchase to a Rhonexpress steward onboard. This deadline is the same for buyers who have acquired a Rhônexpress E-ticket from a provider under contract with Rhônexpress (travel agencies, tourism boards, associations, companies...) which gets an access to the online professional only selling module.
Travellers are responsible of the good keeping of their ticket and they are bound to use it in accordance with the instructions.
Tickets purchased to the ticket machines and to the steward can’t be refunded or exchanged.
When the E-ticket purchase is confirmed, the User have until the expiry date mentioned on the voucher, to cancel and being refund this E-ticket. Within this period, the User will be not able to ask for a refund. Besides, are refundable only E-tickets never exchanged on board. The cancellation request has to be made through the refund form available in the section “Historique” of the User account, which he created for his first purchase on Rhônexpress website. He will have to fill in his bank details to allow CFTA Rhône to credit the bank account by bank transfer. The data are encoded when they’re sent. Cancellation fees of a lump sum of 3€ are discounted for each e-ticket cancelled 7 days after purchase.
Any unreadable, destroyed or stolen ticket can be refund. The User is responsible of the good keeping and of the printing of his E-ticket: any ticket in bad condition, unreadable or partially printed can be refused by the steward on board.
The User has to contact the Rhônexpress sales department (cf. Clause 13) for the treatment of his request.
A fine regulation is available on board of each vehicle. In case of excessive use of a ticket or fraud attempt, an infraction report is delivered. It is established on the basis of the facts, regardless of the good or bad will of the person.
TITLE 3: SERVICE COMMITMENT
Guaranty of punctuality: CFTA Rhône guaranties to the Users, from Part-Dieu Railways to Lyon Saint Exupéry Airport:
- A departure each 15 minutes from 6Am to 9Pm
- A departure each 30 minutes from 4:25Am to 6Am and from 9Pm to 0:00am, last departure at 0:00 am.
- A service 365 days per year
- A journey in less than 30 minutes.
CFTA Rhône commits itself, in case of a delay of more than 10 minutes, to compensate the users at 50% of the amount of a single ticket (based on ticket machines fare), and at 100% in case of a delay up to 20 minutes.
Guaranty of Return trip: CFTA Rhône guaranties the return to Lyon after 0:00 if a flight is delayed and if it was expected an hour which allows the use of Rhônexpress. In this case, the service will be made by another means of transportation (coach, bus …).
CFTA Rhône will be not obliged to compensate financial losses not mentioned in this contract.
CFTA Rhône responsibility is to transport passengers between Lyon Saint Exupery Airport and Lyon Part-Dieu, Vaulx-En-Velin La Soie station.
As guarantor of punctuality, CFTA Rhône responsibility is to respect the duration of the journey in less than 30 minutes, between Lyon Airport Rhônexpress station and Part-Dieu station, excluding circumstances exterior to Rhônexpress service.
In case of disruption of the service, CFTA Rhône does everything possible to ensure the service continues between Lyon Airport station and Lyon Part-Dieu. On this account, a substitute service by coaches will be put into place for the Users for the whole part or for a section of the route.
CFTA Rhône commits itself to compensate in the form of a credit note or refund by bank transfer and on the basis of a single ticket price, in the following cases:
- Delay of the train at the arrival regarding to the theoretical hour between 11 and 20 minutes: refund at 50%
- Delay of the train at the arrival regarding to the theoretical hour more than 20 minutes: refund at 100%
- Cancellation of the service: refund at 100%
To obtain the compensation, the User has to follow the following terms:
- Fill in the “Delay Voucher” given by the steward
- Restitute the” Delay Voucher” immediately to the steward or send it by post to CFTA Rhône
within 15 days after the event.
CFTA Rhône makes a refund by bank transfer or sends to the User a mail with a promotion code valid during 2 years, corresponding to the amount of the refund (If the User has no e-mail address and if it is the case of a 100% refund, a single ticket is sent). The code is available for a ticket purchase on the website only (assignable).
Incomplete files will be not eligible for a refund.
The Delay Compensation is not available if a substitute service by coaches is active, whenever the reason.
The Delay Compensation is not available for the Users with a free ticket or reserved to Saint
Exupery Airport Staff.
In case of an overrun of the theoretical arrival hour of the train, the other financial extra charges of the User are not taking in charge.
TITLE 4: Priority and dedicated seats
Disabled people with difficulty to stand or with painfulness have priority I the wagons and in the Rhônexpress service vehicles.
Special spaces for wheelchairs are indicated in each wagon.
In each wagon or vehicle, seats are reserved in priority to wheelchair people according to the following descending order:
- Disabled war veteran cardholder of an official card quoted “stand position painful”
- Work disability which official card quotes “stand position painful”
- Civil disable people which official card quotes “stand position painful”
- Civil blind people with a yellow cardholder with a green star or with a white stick
- Pregnant women
- People accompanied by a less than 4 years hold child
- More than 75 years old people
When these reserved seats are vacant, they can be used by the other travellers, on condition that they leave their seat to disable people immediately when they ask for it. The travellers who have not the priority are invited to let there seat to old people.
TITLE 5: Animals and objects on board
Dogs of National Police, of the Border Police, of the Police Force (Gendarmerie), of the Army, or dogs which presence is justified for the Rhônexpress operating service needs are accepted.
Guide dogs without muzzle are also accepted on board.
Pets are accepted only if they are placed in a closed cell, if their weight does not exceed 5kg and is they don’t occupy a seat. Any other animal is not accepted on board.
The tolerated animals are bound to not soil or disturb travellers or constitute a trouble.
The Operator can’t be blamed for the consequences of the accidents made by animals, even for the damages they bring out.
Stray animals in the network installations can be seized and pound.
Travellers are not allowed to bring weapons, hazardous materials (explosives, flammables, poisonous…) or any dirty or disturbing product in the wagons, substitute vehicles, platforms.
The Operator agents can forbid any product which presents a risk in a wagon or vehicle.
The interdiction relative to weapons is not enforceable to the Police or Public Force agents when they are on service or when they are going to their worksite.
Strollers, parcels and luggage are authorized for free on board and in the luggage hold and in the boot of the substitute vehicles. However, the Operator agents can refuse their admission if they can disturb the travellers or create an accident.
It is forbidden to sit in improperly with items, cumbersome objects or parcels or to obstruct the doors of the wagons or of the substitute vehicles.
Only bicycles of travellers with a plane ticket are accepted onboard of Rhônexpress. Considered as a luggage, it can’t be refused.
Transport of bicycles belonging to Airport employees, resident or user without plane ticket is allowed on condition that they are put in a closed cover. The transport of folding bikes, rollerblades, kick scooters, surfs and skis is tolerated.
The Operator can’t be blamed for the consequences of the accidents which goods and objects have been at the origin, neither of the damages. The traveller in possession of these goods will be blame of the damages caused to the other travellers, to the equipments and to the installations.
Luggage or any object labelling is compulsory on board od Rhônexpress. Labelling must mention the User identity and his phone number. A parcel or an luggage can be left without surveillance. Any default leading to the Police intervention and to a stop of Rhônexpress operation will engender legal proceedings.
TITLE 6 – Found objects
Any object found by a traveller in a wagon, a coach or a taxi have to be signalled to the steward or to the driver immediately.
The objects found on the Rhonexpress service are gathered and dropped of by the Operator at the Information Service Centre of the Airport – Lyon Saint Exupery.
Luggage and forgotten or lost parcels are taken by the police services of Part-Dieu or of the Airport. If necessary according to the Police, luggage and parcels can be destroyed to be neutralized.
TITLE 7 – Special instructions and interdictions
It is forbidden:
- To emplace oneself in an unwarranted way in the wagons or in the substitute vehicle. To disturb with luggage the climbing or the advance of the travellers obstructing the corridors, the passing or the stairs.
- To disturb the driving, to stand in the way of the sliding doors or of the security system, to open the windows during the run of the wagon.
- To talk to the substitute vehicle driver during the run without exigent reason.
- To sit in the cockpit.
- To enter in the cockpit.
- To throw or to lay down anything on the railways or on the energy distribution lines.
- To modify, to move deliberately or to damage the railways, the enclosures, the guardrails, the buildings and artworks, energy installations and the machines and equipments used for the operating and situated on the Rhonexpress sites.
All the travellers have to leave the wagon or the substitute vehicle at the arrival at the end of the line.
It is forbidden:
- To soil or to damage the rolling stock, any other equipment, and the various public notices, stickers or notices present on the wagons or vehicles.
- To abandon or to throw in the wagons or vehicles and stations or stops any paper, newspaper, packaging, or wastes detrimental to the hygiene or to the cleanness of the sites or subject to trouble the good working of the installation or to provoke accident.
- To beg in the rolling stock and in the Rhonexpress stations.
- To smoke in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhonexpress service public area, in accordance with the article R. 3511-1, from the Public Health Code.
- To spit in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhônexpress service public area.
- To use the alarm or security system without good reason.
- To use sonorous appliance or equipment in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhônexpress service public area.
- To distribute tracts without special authorization, to beg the signature of petitions, to make any propaganda, to trouble the traveller’s calmness in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhonexpress service area.
- To collect, to sell, to advertise, to post notices, pictures or inscriptions in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhônexpress service area without special authorization delivered by the Operator and/or by the Council of the Rhone department.
- To take photos or to film without special authorization delivered by the Operator and/or by the Council of the Rhone department.
- To get around a private area, including the fenced section between Meyzieu ZI station and Lyon Saint Exupery Airport, except expressed authorization.
- To sell or to drink any alcoholic drinks in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhonexpress service public area.
Any offence to the present statement and to the Public Order Legislation can lead the refusal of boarding.
People who might trouble the law and the order in the wagons, vehicles or any other Rhônexpress service area because of their behaviours will have to lease the sites if it is requested by the Operator staff. If they paid their trip, they will not be able to claim any compensation.
Any client victim of robbery, of indecent assault, or of an act of incivility inside of the vehicle has to inform the agent immediately.
TITLE 8 – Travellers control and offence observations
Travellers have to be in possession of a validated ticket and of documentary evidence for it use, in accordance with the indications given by the Operator.
The travellers have to keep their ticket until they leave the wagon or the vehicle at the station, or the Rhônexpress controlled areas. The Operator agents might leave a mark of control or seize it in case of irregularity.
People who contravene to the disposition of the present article will be fined according to the article 80.1 and 80.3 of the March, 22nd 1942 decree. However, the act by the payment of a basic allowance according to the article 80.4 of the same decree:
- A the moment of the observation of the offence by the sworn agent, or
- By 2 month from the date of the offence, with the Operator service indicated on the charge sheet established by the sworn agent. In this case, an amount for administrative charges will be added to the fine.
In the absence of payment in the deadline, the fine is send to the public prosecutor by the Operator, and the offender become indebted of an increased fine from the Public Treasury, by virtue of a writ of execution signed by the Public Prosecutor Officer.
According to the article 529-4 of the Penal Procedure Code, any user travelling ticketless has to pay off the amount of the ticket appropriated to his trip, in addition to the fine.
TITLE 9 – Claims
Whenever the circumstances (more than 10 minutes delay, accident, crush…), any person who wants to obtain compensation during a trip with Rhônexpress, will have to proof his condition of traveller, by justifying his ticket previously validated or by any other method establishing the truth of the trip and the conclusion of the transport contract and the payment of the corresponding amount.
The driver and the steward are not accredited to resolve the complaints. Any complaints have to be sent to:
CFTA Rhône – Rhônexpress Operator
190 rue Antoine Becquerel
69881 Meyzieu Cedex
The ticket and any other documents have to be attached to the mail
Or calling the 0 826 00 17 18 from France or the +33 4 79 75 92 79 from foreign countries.
A claim and suggestion register bound for public use, at the head office of the Operator.
The offences to this present statement are observed by the Operator agents and by Public Force Agents. The Public Force Agents are able to help and assist the Operator Staff, in each circumstance.
The offences to this present statement will be quoted and punished by the various legal or regulatory texts.
Rates, fares and conditions on which the tickets can be used are established by the SYTRAL.
In case of no concordance between the present statement and the authorization of the prefectural decree to operate a line of transport, t